Kevin De Bruyne reveals how Jose Mourinho blocked him leaving Chelsea to play for Jurgen Klopp

Kevin De Bruyne reveals how Jose Mourinho blocked him leaving Chelsea to play for Jurgen Klopp
Kevin De Bruyne has revealed Jose Mourinho once blocked him from playing for Jurgen Klopp.The former Chelsea starlet joined the Blues from Genk in 2012, but found himself sidelined under manager Mourinho.In 2014, Wolfsburg parted with 18million to sign the Belgian ace and, after being crowned German Footballer of the Year, he then moved to Manchester City for a club-record fee.Kevin De Bruyne struggled at Chelsea4
Kevin De Bruyne struggled at Chelsea
The decision by the Blues to sell their prodigious midfielder will surely irk fans who grown tired of watching Jorginho struggle to deal with the pace of the Premier League.But the situation could have been avoided had the Portuguese sanctioned a loan deal to Borussia Dortmund instead of a permanent one.“When I was at Chelsea, there was so much in the press about my relationship with Jos Mourinho,” the midfielder wrote in the Player’s Tribune. “But the truth is that I only ever spoke to him twice.“The plan was always for me to go on loan for a bit. So I went to Werder Bremen in 2012, and that season went great. When I came back to Chelsea the next summer, a few German clubs wanted to sign me.Jurgen Klopp worked wonders at Signal Iduna Park4
Jurgen Klopp worked wonders at Signal Iduna Park
“Klopp wanted me to come to Borussia Dortmund, and they played the kind of football that I enjoy. So I thought maybe Chelsea would let me go.“But then Mourinho texted me, You are staying. I want you to be part of this team.“So I thought,O.K., great. Im in his plans.“When I arrived for preseason, the vibe was good. I started two of the first four games of the season, and I thought I played O.K. Not brilliant, but pretty good. After the fourth game, that was it.“I was on the bench, and I never really got a chance again. I didnt get an explanation. I was just out of favour for some reason.”At Wolfsburg, De Bruyne came into his own4
At Wolfsburg, De Bruyne came into his own
The move to the Bundesliga was the making of the Belgium international; he scored 13 goals in 51 games and equalled the record number of assists in a single season.Manuel Pellegrini convinced the Manchester City board to part with 54million to sign the starlet and the rest, as they say, is history.Mourinho was sacked midway through De Bruyne’s first season at the Etihad and the 27-year-old credits the former Manchester United boss for giving him ‘life-changing moment’.He continued: “Jos called me into his office in December, and it was probably the second big life-changing moment for me. He had some papers in front of him, and he said, ‘One assist. Zero goals. Ten recoveries.’Chelsea FC news4
Jose Mourinho’s second spell at Chelsea ended in his sacking
“It took me a minute to understand what he was doing.“Then he started reading the stats of the other attacking forwards Willian, Oscar, Mata, Schrrle. And its like five goals, 10 assists, whatever.“Jos was just kind of waiting for me to say something, and finally I said, But some of these guys have played 15, 20 games. Ive only played three. So its going to be different, no?“It was so strange. We had a bit of a conversation about me going back out on loan. And Mata was also out of favour at the time, so Jos said, ‘Well, you know, if Mata leaves, then you will be the fifth choice instead of sixth.’ “I was completely honest. I said, I feel like the club doesnt really want me here. I want to play football. Id rather you sell me.“I think Jos was a bit disappointed, but to be fair to him, I think he also understood that I absolutely neededto play. So the club ended up selling me, and there was no big problem at all.“Chelsea got more than double the price they paid for me, and I got into a much better situation at Wolfsburg.”

Manchester United interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Adrian Durham has questioned Tottenham Hotspur's legitimacy as a football club after being left less than Pochettino's men have once again come under attack from Adrian Durham. Although there has been progress this week with the new stadium, the talkSPORT Drive host was still left incensed
'The racist agenda against Raheem Sterling is clear,' says talkSPORT

Arnautovic appeared to wave goodbye
Champions League quarter-final draw: Tottenham face Man City

Has Harry found his son Jamie a new partner?
Jose Mourinho congratulates Petr Cech and says he is

Drogba scores his second in 2010

Manchester United stars David de Gea, Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku to consider their future if they fail to qualify for the Champions League. Big names could consider their futures at Man United
Manchester United stars may look to exit if club misses out

Arsenal would have to beat Chelsea to the signing of the starlet
Christian Pulisic backs Chelsea to 'work things out' as Blues

Digne has gradually replaced Leighton Baines

Pochettino warns of "painful" rebuild as Spurs enter new phase going forward New, 60 comments Spurs' boss openly mused about Tottenham's future and beginning a new chapter in the club's
'Its going to be painful' - Pochettino warns that Spurs need

Only Mbappe has more goals than Pepe in Ligue 1

Manchester United news and transfers LIVE Niklas Sule to Man Utd latest as Solskjaer eyes summer rebuild. The latest Man Utd news and transfer rumours after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side lose to



DISGUSTED 'What a moron, absolute IDIOT' - Vinnie Jones tears into Tottenham fan for hurling banana skin at Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Football Predictions ⚽️ Free Tips (@FootyPredictNet) | Twitter

Fabian Schar has impressed at both ends of the pitch for Newcastle

Liverpool have been warned that "Real Madrid and Barcelona will be sniffing round Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane", with Graeme Souness fearing a repeat of the Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho
Liverpool Legend Fears Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane Will Be

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone.

Aston Villa are reportedly prepared to pay £25m to sign Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham, providing that they win promotion to the Premier League. Abraham has spent the majority of the season on
Tammy Abraham 'nearing Wolverhampton Wanderers loan move

The FA Cup returns this weekend

Rangers 1-1 Hibernian: Steven Gerrard's side miss chance to close gap on Celtic as Darren McGregor strikes late to rescue point for visitors pattern to pay homage to city's unique design New
Rangers 3-0 Hearts: Steven Gerrard's side recover from Old

Leroy Sane scored twice as Man City topped Group F

Hilarious talkSPORT caller: Chelsea fan criticises Tiemoue Bakayoko… then discovers he has left the club. Second, poor Tiemoue Bakayako isn't even at the club. He's on loan at AC Milan
Chelsea near Sandro, Arsenal consider Martial | Mon 26 Jun

This one is a wildcard given the player’s links to Spurs, but the Gunners are a team who may need to function with help from loan deals. They might be an odd couple made in heaven.

Ajax 2-3 Tottenham: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 'threw bottle at referee' after losing Champions League semi-final to Spurs The veteran striker watched from the bench as Spurs came from two goals down
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar 'threw bottle at referee' after losing

Charlton take on Sunderland in the League One play-off final

John Terry is set to miss the Champions league clash against PSG as the Center Back is suffering from a hamstring injury. The injury that forced him out of the first leg and the following 3 matches has not completely healed and Hiddink does not want to risk playing the 35 year old.
04 December 2015 News Archive | Daily Mail Online | Daily

No comments:

Post a Comment